Friday, July 5, 2019

2++ Years of Silence

As soon as I started the working life (post WAHM), I became absolutely busy that blogging was not even listed anywhere in my mind. I had to concentrate in my new life, new industry, new colleagues, new challenges. It was a struggle, but one that made a better, wiser person I guess.

Today. I decided to get back to it: the blog. Work has became a priority that I had lost sight of what matters to my being. And by being, I am referring to the sanity of my mind and serenity of my soul. Family of course always comes first, then there is work. Then there is no other thing to keep me sane. So, slowly I am going crazy (not literally I hope!)

Recently we had a new corporate change in the company I am working in. Nothing like the previous one I worked with, but it did make me off balance. Suddenly I lost the sight of where I want to go, or who I want to be, in terms of my career. Do I want to climb that corporate ladder and someday lead the department? Do I want to go down that path again?

I can say out-loud that I don't want to. That it was enough. That I just want to do what I am doing and be good, be passionate about it. That I am a learner who wants to learn as much as I could. However, why do I feel differently when someone else stepped in? Why do I feel like the future is bleak? That kicks me off: I am now uncertain.

I still don't know what I want to do, where I want to go with the current role that I have at my work place. But, writing has always been what I like doing. It is a way I put jumbling thoughts out and de-clutter my brain. So, let's go back to where I can be sane: here.

A lot of things happened, so I will put them into words, in time. A part of therapy to get over the drama that I could not change.

Till then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Settling for Mediocrity

I flipped through the TV channels and stumbled upon Mad Max: Fury Road. The one with Tom Hardy and Charlize Theron in. I never watched it an...